ATELIER 5022 | ANNEXE | JULY - AUGUST













       this space is tiny compared to the Balmoral [Rheinland-Pfalz]-atelier i occupied from January to June        
            [no toaster] [no birdsong]  [piano sounds all day long]







christine, 46
i live in india

my creative process is intuitive
sometimes i resist/resent having a voice [it's not worth it]

i love you, i respect you

in 2002, christine herzer suffered a crisis 
of desire, she lost her ability to desire

i followed her
i have been following her












 ... and the masking tape bouquets (as I think of them, or cake) drive me crazy w/ happiness:  they look so gorgeous & yet the material...is the sticky side out?          non.                                     
but I am in love with all of these works, maybe 
the most fragile most of all (you give me hope).        
                                    merci.





  it took one day to take down the exhibit. the wall poems [written on masking tape] went into a huge green garbage bin.
 i 'saved' the word home. 
i 'saved' the following sentences:  


                                                                                            Needy spaces murder my creativity.
                                                                                              If you are needy, I cannot help you.
                                                                                                I will not allow you to eat me.
                                                                                               Please don't swallow others.
                                                                                             Being swallowed leaves one permanently hungry.
                                                                      






on august 24, with the help of a french poet, i will be moving the sentences, sculptures, cutlery, drawings, one cake dome and four dear tom letters to a storage unit in the 17th.









i ask my father for the german word for masking tape: Klebeband


sticky side out...

         

     












andrea fraser:  i've always wanted art to question what i know already, to open me up as a human being so that my life is more deeply significant 


august 15 "you are essence-y"
august 23 
'Sentience is the ability to feelperceive, or be conscious, or to have subjective experiences. Eighteenth century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think ("reason") from the ability to feel ("sentience"). In modern western philosophy, sentience is the ability to have sensations or experiences (described by some thinkers as "qualia"). For Eastern philosophy, sentience is a metaphysical quality of all things that requires respect and care. The concept is central to the philosophy of animal rights, because sentience is necessary for the ability to suffer, which entails certain rights. In science fiction, non-human characters described as "sentient" typically have similar abilities, qualities and rights as human beings'



 



















art is a lie detector


touch is a lie detector


writing is a lie detector



watching is a shit detector


watching is a god detector


watching is a source is a source is a source











Post-It Chair






TRACE         a mark, object, or other indication of the existence or passing of something

                               a surviving mark, sign, or evidence of the former existence, influence, or action of some agent or event; vestige

TRACES 
TRACES OF WOMAN
TRACES OF 







Visitor
                                 











Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.  Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.
Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.
Sometimes my feelings smell, that's how I know I have to handwash my heart.

 







Coda



























     



"Une œuvre d'art est une nourriture à assimiler à l'intérieur du corps et non pas un objet esthétique extérieur à analyser, commenter, comparer."













      


















october 1 CDG/BOM

i keep a Tumblr at honeymoon in the fridge